Rolls-Royce RB37 Derwent 1
A straight-through version of the reverse-flow Power Jets W2B, known as the W2B/26, was developed by the Rover Company from 1941 to 1943. Taken over by Rolls-Royce in April 1943 and renamed the Derwent, it passed a 100hr. test at 2000 lb thrust in November 1943 and was flown at that rating in April 1944. The engine powered the Gloster Meteor III which entered service in 1945.